Nome Weather

Click for Nome, Alaska Forecast

Friday, September 5, 2008

Wood



Another house project finished. Hopefully, it will save considerable finances during the winter. It sure heats up fast. Earlier in the summer I had to decide between purchasing and installing a woodstove or a 29er and compete in some bike races. It was a good decision. I not only saved some knee time but I actually get more enjoyment out of solo excursions into parts unknown. More along the lines of what these guys,are doing.

Instead of any fun multiday extravaganza's I had a quick overnight in Anchorage for a meeting... not exactly my idea of productive time but it was nice to see old friends. Considering I haven't done many real excursions lately I didn't want to waste family time away on Anchorage. I'm feeling the pressure build inside for another outing though and I suppose I'm a little torn on going moose hunting, paddling my old kayak back from Golovin or returning to finish the Imuruk Lake trip with my fatbike or maybe even a climbing epic with Ian for ole times sake. We'll see.

We have had a great high pressure system just hanging out in NW Alaska so the temps are in the 50-60 range. Quite unusual and a real treat last night to finish up a gym workout with a run in shorts and tee on the beach.

1 comment:

Sasha said...

the stove looks awsome. very well done.