Nome Weather

Click for Nome, Alaska Forecast

Friday, March 27, 2009

Tim finishes in Nome!


It was great to follow Tim as he came into Nome and actually became the winner of the 2009 ITI 1,100 mile race! I snow machined 16 miles out after work and saw him a little past Safety, and simply couldn't believe he actually went through Topkok. It was blowing pretty hard all day but in the distance I could see a wall of snow. The Johnson wx station said 50 mph all day long!! I would say at least seeing the curtain of snow. Tim said he couldn't even keep his sled on the ground, it kept twisting and at times flew in the air. I am in awe. I tried to rally some folks at the finish line and was glad a few showed up even at 12:30 am finish!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Truly amazing. Give my best to Tim if he's hanging around Nome for a few days. I hope he goes somewhere warm for some R&R

T-Race said...

Way to go Tim! Wholly crap! Your awesome! Glad you could be there to greet him Phil.