Timberman Tri, 70.3



Brother, sis-in-law, me
family & friends

Another triathlon down, this one was in New Hampshire, a little different from last weeks in Seattle area. The scenery was great, my brother and friends were there to participate as well. It was great fun but I completely blew up on the run. Maybe a week is not long enough recovery or maybe the heat but the run was horrendous for me, 10 minutes slower than last week. I think at one point I was drooling.

The swim was a little faster at 31 minutes for 1.2 miles and the bike an average 21 mph at 2 hrs 38 minutes for 56 miles also a little faster but the run.... 1 hr 48 minutes for an average 8 min 11 sec mile talk about bonking.  I missed breaking 5 hrs, again, by 2 minutes this time. Of course now I am going to be a little obsessed to break 5 in the future.  The tri's are really well organized for over 2,000 people and we even got to see the world champion herself, Chrissie Wellington, race smoking most of the pro guys.  She handed out finisher medals for over an hour too including when my brother finished. About 2hrs after I finished the race had to be shutdown for a wicked thunderstorm that barrelled in with horizontal race and lighting all over.  Kind of cool ending. 

Otherwise, having a blast in the lower 48 visiting family and will be sad to leave. Hahnah and family having a great time these past couple of weeks.

Comments