ITI wrap


The 2013 ITI is a wrap- (though I still have to write up my last section into McGrath- I actually forgot..)  It was a wrap for me weeks ago in McGrath but for the hardcore folks going to Nome the race had just started at that time. Living at the finishing town of the ITI we try to at least welcome the finishers or let Nome know an approximate time they are visible.  We missed a few coming in late into the night but managed to see

Mike Curiak (though not part of the ITI this year)...  (he posted some of the best pictures I've ever seen and has me rethinking taking a camera... normally I thought, "how many pictures can one take of a trail, facial agony, fat bikes or scenery that may look nice post race but who cares during the race" but his pictures, just wow....)


...MC snoozing on the couch right before my kids started harassing him...

... Ausilia and Sebastian from Italy....



Of course Tim Hewitt, who I can't even begin to imagine what he did... self support the whole way... and he looked fine. His stories, as usual, were amazing-- wolf charge, overflow, dealing with rain while not being able to dry out inside (and no campfire either)....







...Beat and Marco

Jill Homer came to visit while waiting for Beat to come in to Nome.  I think it's so great to have Hahnah and Joe exposed to such really interesting and unique endurance folks. 

Comments

Jill Homer said…
Thanks again for everything, Phil.
Phil said…
Your welcome, it was great fun! I'm glad you were able to get out a bit and also see Beat come into town.